MARINE PROJECT - CHARTER INSURANCE
We offer you, as a customer of Marine Project, advice for all types of available insurances. Temporary liability and boat insurance are included, as well as protection against vandalism, theft or fire. Transparency is the top priority. We offer you what is needed for your newly acquired yacht and, for example, we focus on how and where you want to use your yacht. In contrast to online insurances, which are cheap at first glance, our partners can personally assist you in the event of an insurance claim.
Marine Project – Charter insolvency insurance
EIS European Insurance & Services GmbH confirm that Marine Project has concluded an insolvency hedging for the year listed in the adjacent seal. The following insurance cover applies to the agency clients of Marine Project.
1. Scope of Insurance cover
– compensates the bad-debt losses of the legally established entitlement to repayment of the berth charter price paid by the charter client for a boat/yacht rented within the insurance year due to a faulty service caused by insolvency of the company or the charter base mentioned in the contract.
– takes all the costs for the legal assertion against the company or the charter base mentioned in the contract after positively checking the claim and its enforceability and only by an advocate named by the insurer.
Example: Neither the yacht chartered nor the replacement are placed at the charter client’s proposal at the agreed date.
The insurance applies worldwide.
3. Compensation and insurance sums
Court costs and lawyer’s fees with regard to the enforceability of the charter price repayment.
– In the case of insolvency of the intermediary charter agency the sum of the charter price paid to the agency which did not forward the amount to the charter base up to a maximum of 20.000 EUR/charter.
– In the case of insolvency of the charter base the charter price paid and not compensated up to a maximum of 20.000 EUR/charter . A pro-rata service of the charter base has to be charged in relation of the total charter and the complete price.
For all clients concerned a cumulative limit of 110.000 EUR per insolvency of the agency or the charter base mentioned in the contract is deemed as. Shall the amount exceed this limit the single refund claims will decrease in relation to which the total amount stands to the maximum amount.
Excluded from the insurance cover is:
– The loss of the charter if the charter base had provided another yacht with the same amount of cabins and the charter client refused it. (Replacement yacht definition according to the general charter conditions: A yacht with a comparable size, amount of cabins or berths, equipment and age whereby the age only differs by one or two years.)
– An acceptable loss of 24 hours per charter week due to, for example, a delayed return of the previous charter client or a repair.
– The loss of the charter due to a reason which are the fault of the charter client or which the client already knew even before concluding the charter contract.
– Reductions of the charter price due to dissatisfaction or the lack of promised characteristics (as, for example, cleanness, dinghy, out border, additional sails, etc.) as far as therefore, the driving ability of the chartered yacht is still ensured.
– Charter prices whose are not paid directly to the intermediary charter agency or the charter base by bank transfers (bank transfer, direct debit, and credit card).
– The insolvency application given to the insolvent intermediary charter agency or the charter base even before the conclusion of the charter contract.
5. Damage report
The charter client is forced to report the claim immediately upon knowledge of the faulty service or the information of insolvency of the charter base/agency. The report needs to be given to:
EIS European Insurance & Services GmbH
Scharfe Lanke 109-131
Fon. +49 30 214082 20 (24 h / 7 days Hotline)
6. Obligations in the event of a claim and its consequences in case of injuries
The policy holder and the insured client are forced to report the claim immediately, however, within two working days at the latest, upon knowledge and to guarantee the claim reduction and prevention of damage as well as to obtain and observe instructions of EIS European Insurance & Services if circumstances permit. On demand of EIS/insurance company the policy holder has to provide every information and proofs whose are necessary to define the claim and the performance obligation of the insurer.
Should the policy holder or the insured client violate one of these obligations the insurer is released from the obligation to compensate the claim according to the legal regulations (especially §§6 and 62 VVG)
Should the policy holder or the insured client have claim damages against a third party the claim will pass on to the insurer as far as the insurer compensates the claim to the policy holder or the insured client (§ 67 VVG). If the policy holder or the insured client waive the claim against the third party or a right served to secure this claim the insurer is released from his performance obligation in so far as he could get a refund from the claim or the right.
7. Legal base
Legal base of this cover is the German law. The current instructions of the insurance contract law (Versicherungsvertragsgesetz – VVG) are valid.
8. Court of jurisdiction
As the court of jurisdiction Berlin is deemed as agreed.
The insurance company is Triglav Osiguranje d.d., Antuna Heinza 4, HR-10000 Zagreb.
In case of damage…
The claim hotline of EIS European Insurance & Services GmbH is available under +49 (0)30 214082-20 24 hours a day.
We recommend to contact our claim department by mail under email@example.com to guarantee a rapid data exchange and processing.
Marine Project – Skipper Third-Party Liability Insurance
Extended Third-Party Insurance for private Skippers
As a skipper of a foreign yacht you will be shown the greatest confidence by the crew and the yacht owner. Both, your competence as well as your sense of responsibility are the prerequisite for the job.
While others relax and enjoy the cruise, you must always be concentrated or remain witted. Cool-headed you need to make quick decisions in precarious situations, which can also end up determinded in many situations.
The lake has sometimes its own laws, but also human errors by third parties can not be influenced by the responsible skipper.
Boats usually have liability insurances. Nevertheless, it often happens that a yacht liability or comprehensive insurance does not pay in certain cases or are inadequate amounts of coverage or the scope of the contract. To be on the safe side, we recommend that you take an extended skipper liability insurance from the group of EIS charter insurance. From our own experience we know what the skipper and his crew in the worst case can come during the charter trips.
Co-insured risks by the extented skipper third-liability insurance
Covered by the Extended Skipper Third-Party Liability Insurance is the legal liability insurance of the insured person as a private, non-commercial, skipper of a chartered foreign sailing and motor yacht. The insurance sum is 3.000.000,- EUR or 6.000.000,- EUR for personal and property damage and additionally 100.000,- EUR for financial losses. The yacht’s liability insurance and fully comprehensive insurance are obliged to perform in advance. So the Skipper Third-Party Liability Insurance is always subsidiary.
– Damage to the chartered yacht in case of proven gross negligence up to 550.000,- EUR
(in case of damage a deductible of 2.500,- is deemed as agreed)
– Liability claims of the entire crew among each other up to 3.000.000,- or 6.000.000,- EUR
(In case of property damage as far as they exceed 150,- EUR per claim)
– Security deposit in case of seizure in a foreign harbor up to 50.000,- EUR
– Claims of the yacht owner for charter losses due to a self-inflicted major damage to the yacht up to 20.000,- EUR
(the costs for the first three days of the charter loss must be partly taken by the policy holder)
– 1.000 EUR for hotel and travel costs to the charter base if the charter trip must be cancelled due to a damage causing an impossible return due to insufficient seaworthiness of the yacht.
Marine Project – Security Deposit Insurance
Deposit Insurance for Chartered Yachts
The phenomenon of forgetfulness occurs when you are sailing with your chartered yacht and your friends who even make the cruise special, on the waters of your dreams. It is the feeling of freedom which makes us forget that the chartered yacht is not our own.
And how quickly it can be happen? A sail breaks, the screw touches the ground or our holiday yacht gets a few scratches. Understandably, the yacht owner secures himself/herself against unpleasant surprises and charges a nominal fee, the deposit. If he/she will find only the smallest damage after your return from the dream vacation, he will partly or fully retain this deposit. For this case you are well protected by a charter deposit insurance. Take advantage of our attractive deposit insurance for Skipper and Crew.
Details for the charter deposit insurance
Covered is the partial or total withhold of the charter deposit by the owner/charterer due to loss or damage at the yacht culpably caused by the policy holder or the crew.
Insurance benefit: The compensation of the damage in money not exceeding the insurance sum. The deductible is 10 % of the deposit however, at least 100,- EUR. If the regatta risk is included the deductible is 15 % of the deposit however, at least 300,- EUR.
Marine Project – Travel Cancellation
Travel Cancellation Expenses Insurance
With the travel cancellation expenses insurance the travel cancellation costs and the costs for a travel termination of a cruise are insured for all named persons participating in the cruise. The insurance period is from the beginning of the insurance till the end of the journey. The arrival and the departure as well as eventual additional bookings (hotel accomodation by the arrival and/or departure) can be co-insured on request. In this way you can insure yourself as a skipper as well as your crew if you or your crew members cannot take place in the cruise booked or if you have to cancel the cruise due to, for example, severe accidental injuries, severe illness, inoculation incompatibility or pregnancy.
Our travel cancellation expenses insurance does not only come into effect if your health is restricted. Unforeseen events which make a travel termination necessary just as, for example, fire and a break-in in your apartment are also covered.
Not least your working life is also been considered. In this way you have the possibility to withdraw from the journey in the case of a termination of the employment as well as if you start a new employment.
Simply calculate the insurance premium
Covered are all cancellation costs if the charter trip is cancelled as well as all arising additional way-back costs in case of a trip interruption due to death, severe accident, unexpected, severe illness and further risks, less the agreed deductible (at least 100 EUR) within the conditions. The insurance applies for all down-mentioned persons as a group cover in case of losing the skipper. The costs for the arrival and departure are co-insured as far as they were demonstrably considered when calculating the insurance sum. The insurance starts upon the insurers acceptance of the application and expires with the end of the charter trip.
Condition: The Travel Cancellation Expenses Insurance can only be concluded within 21 days upon receipt of the booking confirmation.